The Weld Trust has awarded grants totaling $1,056,318 to nonprofits and schools for programs located in Weld County. These grants are part of The Weld Trust’s seven Key Funding Initiatives toward promoting excellence in education and health.
Education grants awarded by The Weld Trust were provided to 15 organizations in the areas of Access to Resources, Childhood Literacy, and Workforce Development.
Access to Resources grants are aimed to support K-12 students with STEM-based or career exploration activities, academic and skills development, tutoring, mentoring, leadership, ESL, robotics, sports, and after-school clubs. Grants within Access to Resources also support basic needs such as transportation and participation fees.
Childhood Literacy grants support training programs, and professional development for literacy in schools. They also assist with programs for curriculum development, early childhood education, tutoring, as well as literacy programs for parents.
Workforce Development grants support skills development and training programs, student work-based learning opportunities, programs to reskill and upskill the workforce, and resources for all job-explorers.
The following organizations received an education grant from The Weld Trust under their 2022 Summer Cycle:
- Assistance League of Greeley
- Colorado Humanities
- Forward Steps
- Habitat for Humanity of the St. Vrain Valley
- I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder County
- Imagination Library Weld County
- Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains
- Northern Colorado Veterans Resource Center
- Reach Out and Read Colorado
- Salida Del Sol Academy Foundation
- United Way of Weld County
- Weld Food Bank
- Weld RE-4 Educational Foundation